February 8, 2009

The Bottom Line

And so, my dear friends & family, I come before you to humbly ask for your support. As I said in the Uganda Bound post, this IS the Great Adventure. Ostensibly, the purpose for the trip is to help others who are far less fortunate than I. I honestly believe, however, that God has some profound lessons for me to learn on this, and I sincerely hope it brings some convinctions about possibilities for me to live more simply.


I wouldn't have even been approached, however, if my lovely daughter Samantha wasn't going on the trip as well. First and foremost, I ask you to pray for us. Please pray for the safety of our team and those we will be working with. Pray for open hearts - both on the part of the Ugandans we'll encounter and for us. Pray that the entire trip brings glory to our Lord.


If you haven't spent much time talking to God for a while, this might be an opportunity to re-engage.


The costs for the trip are somewhat daunting at $5,000. It requires a massive gulp & swallow when that cost is doubled for both of us, however. If you feel led to help us financially, I would certainly like to encourage that. There are two ways of accomplishing that.

1. You can send a check to:
Eternal Impact Ministries, PO BOX 250 Oregon City, Oregon 97045

If you choose this method, please do NOT write anyone's name (mine or Samantha's) on the check, but rather enclose a short note to indicate that it is for whichever one of us you choose on the Rolling Hills Impact Team.

2. Go to eternalimpact.org - You will see a selection in the middle of the home page for "On Line Giving". Click that, then select Rolling Hills Impact Team Members. You can then select either of our names, and any credit card/ debit card payments will be credited towards our costs.

Whichever method you might choose, please send me an email - dale@apollo-7.com - to let me know so that I can properly thank you.

The gifts - at least for my US friends - is tax deductible. I'm not sure about the laws in Canada.

I would also like to encourage you to peruse the Eternal Impact site to find out more about them, and tune back into it during our visit - June 18 through July 5, 2009 - to read blog updates of our adventures.

Thank you for considering this and taking the time to read my posts!

Dale