May 20, 2009

Countdown

Well, we're now at T minus 27 days and counting before lift off for Uganda. Over the past month I have played the role of "pin cushion", having some demented little guy jabbing me with needle after needle after needle. Hepatitis A & B, Tetanus, Meningitis, Yellow Fever, Typhoid, and at least one other that escapes me right now. And the Hepatitis involved two additional visits to get poked again. I was starting to feel like a dart board. This morning I get to go visit a doc to get a prescription for Malarone - anti-malarial meds. I think that's the end of THAT part of this adventure.

Psychologically, I'll be honest - it's been a battle. The description I gave a few months ago about the argument between my heart and my head? Well, it wasn't like that was the end of it - the heart won and everyone lived happily ever after. My head has kept up a relentless drumbeat, and I still find that battle raging on occasion. The head at least realizes now, however, that it is losing. It's just not happy about it!

I have been informed that I will be the the official "blog writer" while we're over there. As soon as I get the site address I'll post it in here. Any grammatical mistakes in there, however, will be my responsibility and my responsibility only!

But I am getting excited. I am looking forward to this adventure. And I really, truly appreciate the support - financial and prayer - that I have received from people to date. I thank you very, very much.