March 6, 2007

Kirby in Iraq - Update

For anyone who responded in prayer to my earlier post about Kirby - our former neighbor serving his second tour in Iraq - I want to thank you and to give you an update.

We received an email update from him today. While he spends quite a bit of time "in country" - traveling to different sites in Iraq for his duties - his base of operations is in the Al Faw Palace. I found a link below to give you an idea of the place:

http://midnight.hushedcasket.com/2006/05/26/al-faw-palace-and-aussie-football/

Please continue to pray for him and his family. I'll leave you with the last paragraph of his email:

"Well, need to get back at it. All's well here, and let me reinforce what I have always said... the world is not coming to an end. We have a really tough fight on our hands, and mistakes have been made, but that is the nature of this business. Keep the young kids out here in convoys and kicking down doors in your thoughts."